Practical guidance regarding the regulations to be observed at the time of installation of a plant, to protect workers and the environment.
We summarize below the main requirements, remembering that thanks to its EOS Division, Dollmar can provide support and advice in:
- Obtaining permission for atmospheric emissions (art. 272 or 269 of Legislative Decree no. 152/2006, as amended; art. 3 or 4 of Presidential Decree 59/2013 – AUA – Environmental Single Authorization). The authorization provides for controls of the chimneys that, in general, may have annual or biennial frequency.
- Obtaining permission for the discharge of water, in case of lacing the water discharge to the sewer system or a water surface (even in the case of cooling water; Art. 124, 125 of Legislative Decree no. 152/2006 as amended art. 4 of Presidential Decree 59/2013 – AUA – Single Authorization Environmental). Permits may specify that controls the discharge, in general, may have annually.
- Characterization of the waste produced (attribution of CER by an analysis of the waste), keeping a record of the movements of loading and unloading (registers and paper forms / SISTRI portal for computer records), preparing the annual MUD (art. 188-190 D Decree Law no. 152/2006, as amended).
- Update of the risk assessment, with particularly respect to exposure to chemicals, linked to the introduction of a new substance or preparation (Title IX Legislative Decree no. 81/2008, as amended).
- It should be provided for periodic chemical analysis in the workplace, aimed at verifying the actual level of exposure of workers to substances and preparations used (eg chemical investigation every two years).
- Information and training of employees in the new facility, with particular attention to the risks and the chemical risk (art. 36 and 37 of Legislative Decree no. 81/2008, as amended).
- Training or specific training of workers for the new plant (art. 37 Legislative Decree no. 81/2008, as amended) by authorized personnel.
- Renovation of health surveillance, the resulting chemical risk assessment (art. 41 Legislative Decree no. 81/2008, as amended).
- Updating the fire risk assessment / explosions, in case of use of substances or preparations flammable or combustible (flammable solvents / fuels, liquid paints or powder, etc.), And possibly the request to update the CPI (Fire Prevention Certificate).
- Provision of appropriate internal or external areas for the storage of liquid products (for raw materials and wastes) having containment basins / collection tanks / containers security.